It's a classic that never goes out of style, but Caesar Salad gets a smoky, crispy update when it hits our grill! And don't be intimidated... the dressing is just as easy to make at home as it is delicious!
Grilled Caesar Salad
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, cut in half lengthwise
- Three 3/4-inch slices rustic bread, such as levain or baguette, or pre-made crutons
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
In a bowl, add the mayonnaise, Worcestershire, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar and garlic and whisk until combined. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the Parmesan and continue to whisk. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Drizzle olive oil on the romaine hearts and season with salt and pepper. Place the romaine cut-side down on the grill and cook until nicely marked, 2 to 3 minutes. Brush the bread slices with olive oil and place on the grill. Cook until grill marks appear on both sides and the bread is crispy, about 5 minutes.
Cut the bread into bite-sized pieces. Place the romaine hearts, croutons and lemons on a wooden board and serve with the Caesar dressing.
Get all of your grilling and breakfast necessities at Food City!