They are a Thanksgiving and Christmas classic, but have you ever tried them stuffed? We took these taters where no taters have gone before, on a trek into deliciousness!
Twice-Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow topping
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (4 tablespoons), melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mini marshmallows
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, about 400 degrees. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, or until tender.
Remove from heat and let cool. Cut each potato in half lengthwise, and scoop out filling, being careful not to puncture the skin. Put filling in a bowl and set the potato shells aside. Add brown sugar, butter, salt, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper and mix well.
Loosely fill shells with the potato mixture, and top with marshmallows. Return to grill, and let cook another 15 minutes, or until reheated and marshmallows are golden brown.
Get all of your grilling and breakfast necessities at Food City!