Potatoes, carrots and a bite from the dog that bit ya! Here's our helpful hangover guide to prevent you from seeing green after St. Patrick's Day!
Whole 30 private chef, Simon Hall, shows us how to make a healthy Irish Meat Pie!
- 5lb braised chuck roast (salt, pepper, beef stock). Reserve the liquid.
- Par-boil 1lb parsnips and carrots with 1 cup chopped celery and 1 cup chopped onions.
- Sautee all in 1 stick butter with thyme, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add 1/2 cup of flour to the mixture.
- Pour in 1 can of Guiness beer.
- Add the reserved liquid from the chuck roast and pour mixture into a baking pan.
- Bake four medium sweet potatoes whole at 350 for one hour.
- Peel potatoes.
- Whip with 1/2 cup of orange juice, a pinch of nutmeg, salt and white pepper.
- Spread evenly over the beef pie mixture.
- Bake dish at 375 until golden and warm.