Who doesn't love pizza? Why not have it for breakfast?! We'll show you how to make a fast, easy, AND delicious breakfast pizza PLUS hard "grilled" eggs on this episode of Will It Grill!
Breakfast Pizza and Eggs Two Ways
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for grill grates and pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour for dusting
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can rolled pizza dough, divided into two.
- 8 ounces sharp white Cheddar, shredded (about 3 heaping cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bacon and/or sausage, cooked, crumbled
- Sliced mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and other toppings
Preheat grill to medium-high heat and generously oil grates. Lightly oil both sides of the pizza dough.
Place the crust on the grill, and pull across the grates after it “catches” on one edge, being careful not to tear the dough or stretch too thin. Grill the crust until grill marks appear, about 2-3 minutes. Flip. Grill for an additional 2-3 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Don’t worry if the crust is still a little soft. Remove from the grill and place on a disposable pizza pan or cookie sheet.
Top with toppings as desired, building a small well in the center. Place the cookie sheet on the grill, and immediately crack one egg in the center of the “well” you left in the pizza. Grill, covered, until the whites have completely set and the Cheddar has melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
For “Grill Boiled Eggs”
Place raw egg on grill grates, and cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes on a medium heat. Keep watch, as just like in boiling, the shell will split if the egg is too hot or close to the flame.
Remove from heat and let set, which will allow the egg to continue to cook, or place in an ice bath, which will stop the cooking and make the shell easier to remove.
Get all of your grilling and breakfast necessities at Food City!